Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Cream of Chicken Soup

2 cups milk
1/2 cup cornstarch
2 cups water
4 chicken bouillon cubes
(optional, small cut up pieces of cooked or canned chicken)

Whisk cold milk and cornstarch together in cold saucepan, bring to a simmer over medium heat, cooking until thickened, stir frequently, add 2 cups boiling water and 4 bouillon cubes, whisk and cook until cubes are completely dissolved. Add to your favorite recipe.

Makes the equivalent of 2 cans condensed soup. If it's too thin, reduce water by 1/2 cup.

*Note, I've found that when cooking with cornstarch it doesn't do well to cook all day long, so when I made Hawaiian Haystacks in my crockpot, I cooked the chicken with the water and chicken bouillon and then before I served it I used a saucepan to bring the cornstarch and milk to a simmer until it was thick, then stirred it in before serving.*

GLUTEN FREE and SOY FREE DIRECTIONS:
Use gluten and soy free bouillon.

No comments:

Post a Comment